The Public Service Fale (the Fale) serves and facilitates the Pacific Public Service Commissioners to achieve their goals and strengthen public services for their citizens. FaleOnline has been created for Pacific Public Servants to access training and development resources, engage with the Fale and collaborate with public service colleagues around the Pacific.
We sometimes need to update our privacy statement and will update you when we do. This statement was last updated on 4 April 2022.
Your personal information
You can use FaleOnline as a guest without disclosing any personal information.
You can choose to voluntarily disclose personal information through FaleOnline (e.g. when you register as a user, ask us a question, share information in a FaleOnline social platform, or complete feedback forms or surveys). This information may include all or some of the following information about you:
- Your name and contact information
- Your job title
- Your workplace
- Your country, age, gender and any other demographic information you provide us
- Website activity on FaleOnline (for more detail see the Cookies, website statistics, and cyber security section below)
- Correspondence with the Fale
- Survey results and responses, when you participate in any of our surveys
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter your name, contact information, job title, workplace and country, we may be unable to register you as a FaleOnline user.
How we use your personal information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- set up or administer your user access to FaleOnline
- administer, evaluate and improve FaleOnline
- respond to any of your enquiries.
- notify you about new products or features in FaleOnline
- conduct surveys and research
- provide you access to the information, resources and activities uploaded to FaleOnline
- report on course, resource and activity access, activity completion, course completion and course data (such as grades, scores, submissions and content uploaded)
- undertake system administration and bug tracking
- contact you to advise you of changes to our policies or new FaleOnline products
- monitor IT security
Information you share on FaleOnline
When you share and communicate with other users using FaleOnline (for example contributing to chats and discussion forums, or sharing documents), you choose the audience who can see what you share. In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on and off FaleOnline.
How we keep your information safe
FaleOnline data is backed up at a facility managed by the Fale’s Totara provider, Synapsys Ltd. The backups are held for the purpose of reinstatement of the data, e.g. in the event of failure of a system component.
How we share your information
Information you provide may be shared with and accessed by site administrators, Fale staff, New Zealand Public Service Commission staff, and third-party contractors who may administrate or work on the site.
We will not share your information collected through FaleOnline unless it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which you gave us the information (eg to sign you up to a course), where you consented.
We report regularly to our stakeholders about the reach and value of FaleOnline (stakeholders include Pacific Public Service Commissions and the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade). When we report about FaleOnline we protect your privacy by only reporting statistical and non-personally identifiable information.
FaleOnline users may receive email notifications from FaleOnline for different purposes, including:
- Sessions: Confirmation of sign-up, reminder of session attendance, change in date/time/venue, communication from facilitator or session co-ordinator
- Forums: Notifications of activity – posts, replies, new discussion topics created
- Enrolment: Confirmation of enrolment into a programme, certification, course
- Promotion: Notification of new products or features in FaleOnline
- Feedback: Requests to complete feedback for completed learning
Users can adjust their notification settings in their profile or contact FaleOnline@publicservice.govt.nz to request they do not receive FaleOnline related emails.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
FaleOnline users can change their information by updating their account profile.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at:
The Privacy Officer
Te Kawa Mataaho Public Service Commission
PO Box 329
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies, website statistics, and cyber security
Use of web measurement tools
On this website we use web measurement tools to collect statistical information about your visit. We use this information to help us understand how people are using FaleOnline to improve the site. The information we collect includes:
- Your top level domain name, for example.co.nz
- The pages you visit on the site and the links you select
- The date, time and duration of your visit
- Your operating system, for example Windows 10, Linux or Mac OS
- The kind of technology you use, for example desktop, mobile, tablet
- The type of internet browser you are using to view FaleOnline, for example Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Our site uses temporary cookies (files that a website transfers to your computer) to help balance the load on our servers. These cookies do not collect any personal data and are deleted when you close your browser.
In order to improve the security of our IT systems we may use IT monitoring services including monitoring services provided by one or more third parties. If you provide information to the Commission in electronic form you agree that the information can be monitored for IT security purposes by the Fale, and by any third parties engaged by the Fale.